Misson and Objectives
INFO Nepal’s Mission
Our mission is to create a global understanding by encouraging volunteers to assist with our community development and youth mobilization programs. Since its inception, INFO has placed thousands of volunteers from over 50 countries in villages throughout Nepal and has developed a wide variety of successful programs addressing environmental and development issues. Many volunteers enjoy their experience so much that they return or extend their placement.
Volunteers visiting Nepal come for different reasons, but are united by their outgoing personality, friendly and easy going nature, their adventurous spirit and most importantly, their desire to make a difference. After completing a training session in Kathmandu, volunteers move to various placements all over Nepal.
INFO Nepal’s Objectives
- Promote community development without destroying traditional ways of life.
- To educate communities on the importance of education, English language and literacy, hygiene and sanitary living, and environmental management.
- To bring Western knowledge, care methodology and experience on a variety of education and health matters to the village communities.
- To provide education and training for community youths to encourage and create opportunities for self-employment.
- To focus on improving life for the poorest and most marginalized members of Nepali society, specifically the Tharu and Bote tribes.
- To provide language lessons and cultural information for people who come to Nepal to study, conduct research, and do voluntary work.
- To introduce volunteers to the richness of Nepali culture and ensure a safe and memorable stay in a supportive environment.
INFO Nepal’s Structure & Funding
How is INFO Nepal funded?
INFO is a Nepal registered charity which receives no funding from donor or government agencies. Its primary source of funding is through fees paid for Volunteer programs. It also occasionally receives donations and/or sponsorships from private individuals. As the payment system in Nepal is underdeveloped, donations are directed via INFO’s sister charity Raise Funds For Nepal; a Scottish registered charity which acts as a fundraising arm.
Which Charitable Causes does INFO support?
INFO Nepal has two categories of charitable expenditure:
1st priority charitable causes: These are the two Children’s Homes known as Pokhara Happy Home and Chitwan Happy Home. They are registered charities in their own right, but were established via a project run by INFO and are entirely dependant on the above for funding day-to-day running costs. More information on the two Happy Homes can be found here.
2nd priority charitable causes: INFO has built and continues to support several libraries/ resource centers in small communities to offer educational opportunities to some of the poorest regions in Nepal. In addition, INFO supports and sponsors children at Children’s Homes other than the Pokhara and Chitwan Happy Homes as well as supporting local community programs.
Where Do Volunteer Fees Go?
INFO Nepal keeps program fees low as it is a Nepal based charity with no international overheads. The aim is to maintain a 20% allocation to each of five different outlay categories as illustrated below:
Government Registered No : 878/1999/2000
Social Welfare Council Registered No : 10700